Students with catalog rights beginning Fall 2010 must satisfy the Information Competency requirement prior to graduation.
The information competency requirement can be satisfied by one of the following options:
CSM Coursework or Exams
- Earning a minimum grade of C or P in one of the following CSM courses: BUSW 530, CIS 110, CRER 129, DGME 100, DGME 102, LIBR 100, LIBR 105, MATH 145 or NURS 242.
- Earning a minimum grade of C or P in ENGL 100 OR ENGL 105 (only classes completed Fall 2015 or after).
- Earning a score of 70% or higher on the CSM Information Competency Proficiency Exam. The exam can only be attempted once.
Completing Approved Courses at Skyline College or Cañada College
- Earning a minimum grade of C or P in LIBR 100 at Cañada College.
- Earning a minimum grade of C or P in LSCI 100 (completed prior to Fall 2011) or ENGL 100 (only classes completed Fall 2011 or after) at Skyline College.
Completing Coursework from Outside of San Mateo Community College District
- Earning a minimum grade of C or P in an equivalent course taken outside of the SMCCCD that meets the College of San Mateo Standard for Information Competency. Students who desire to satisfy the requirement using this option must submit an Information Competency Equivalency Petition.