Skip to main content
- The running head rules are "simplified", and running heads are not required for student papers.
- Use of singular "they" is endorsed
- Use of one space after a period, unless otherwise directed
- The first in-text citation of work by more than two authors, may list the first author, followed be "et al".
- The reference section lists up to 20 authors for a single work
- Book references omit publisher location
- More flexible font specifications: Recommended fonts are 11-point Calibri, 11-point Arial, 10-point Lucida Sans Unicode, 12-point Times New Roman, 11-point Georgia, or 10-point Computer Modern.
- There is increased guidance with regard to capitalization for some proper nouns, science and medical terms.
- Use DOIs and URLs as hyperlinks beginning with “http:” or “https:”. Do not use the label "DOI:". For example, https://doi.org/xxxxx
- Do not add a period after the DOI or URL because this may interfere with link functionality
APA 7 Quick Reference Guide, APA Style
Introducing the 7th ed. APA Style Manual