Embedding videos into your course's WebAccess page will allow your students to view some of the high-quality video content that the CSM Library subscribes to in databases like Films On Demand.
1. Once you've signed in to your WebAccess page, make sure that you are in "Edit Mode".
2. Select "Add a resource..." and choose "Compose a web page."
3. Give your webpage a title and create your page.
4. After you've created your new page, you will need to enter the HTML code to embed the video. Click the "<>" button to get to the Text view that shows you the HTML code.
5. At this point, you will probably want to open a new browser window with the video that you want to embed in your WebAccess page. Once you've found the video, copy and paste the Embed Code:
Make sure to copy the entire code as is -- otherwise the video may not play correctly.
Please note: be sure to select what Films On Demand calls the "old" embed code -- the one beginning with the <iframe> tag. The code that begins <div id...> will not work in WebAccess.
6. Go back to your WebAccess page and paste in the HTML code snippet that you just copied.
7. Clicking on the "<>" button again will let you see how the page will actually look when a student goes to that page.
Your video should now be visible in the webpage you just created!
As always, please contact a librarian if you need help with any part of this process.
Students who are viewing an embedded video in WebAccess from off-campus will need a user account and password for the database which that video came from (such as Films On Demand). Otherwise all they will see is this instead of a video:
The steps for creating a user account in Films On Demand are below, or they can be found on this page.
Please encourage your students to get a library card and set up a user account.
1. Go to the CSM Library website, and click where it says "Find Articles & Databases."
2. Choose "Films On Demand" from the alphabetical list of databases. If you are off-campus, you will be prompted to enter your library card number and PIN (the last 4 digits of your phone number).
3. Once you are in Films On Demand, click where it says "Create Account" in the upper right corner of the screen. Enter your email address and choose a password.