* Eliminate vague/ambiguous terminology
* Add new concepts to narrow and focus your question appropriately (you may want to ask who, what, where, when, why/how...to help with this)
* Avoid asking research questions that lead to simple "yes" or "no" answers
* Avoid asking research questions that lead to summaries describing one perspective.
* Ask research questions that require analysis and thought. The answer to your research question should require you to make an assessment based on what you've learned.
* Your question should ask or imply questions such as why, should, how, to what extent does, etc.
A simple descriptive or informative annotated bibliography
NOTE: the links below will show you examples of annotations at a more advanced level. Follow your professor's directions for what information should be included in your annotations.